Prof. Dr. Philipp E. Zurkinden
Admitted in Switzerland (1989)
Philipp Zurkinden is the head of the Competition & Regulatory Matters team at Prager Dreifuss. He advises local and international clients in various sectors in cartels procedures and regularly works together with international law firms in multi-jurisdictional merger filings.
Philipp is lecturing Swiss and European competition law at the University and the European Institute of Basel. He acts as external expert of the Swiss government as well as in connection with competition legislation and politics. He is past President of the European Lawyers Association and therein head of the competition group “Application of EC competition law in third countries”.
Philipp is also Vice-Chairman of the competition group of the Swiss Bar Association, member of the board of ASAS and a member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht and the IBA competition group. He is also a trustee of the Emirati-Swiss Friendship Platform. Philipp is listed in various competition lawyers’ rankings, amongst others in Chambers Europe, and he is author of numerous publications in Switzerland and abroad.
According to Chambers Europe clients refer to him as “one of the best competition lawyers in Switzerland” and that he is “devoted to customers, takes the broadest possible view of issues” and is “resilient, quick and analytical”.
- University of Basel (Dr.iur., 1997)
- Europa Institut of Saarbrücken, Germany (LL.M. Eur., 1994)
- University of Berne (Fürsprecher, 1989)
- Past President of the European Lawyers Association
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- International Bar Association, London
- Ligue Internationale du Droit de la Concurrence (LIDC)
- Emirati-Swiss Friendship Platform